Contributions are deductible to the fullest extent as allowed by law.
The family of a child with a life-threatening medical condition focuses all its energy on their child. As a result, they often experience a financial crisis as they have little time left to deal with their daily needs. The GO BO Foundation can help alleviate some of a family’s financial worries by providing direct financial assistance.
The GO BO Foundation offers this assistance in two ways:
- For children diagnosed with cancer, apply to DOOR CANcer for help. The GO BO Foundation provides funding to DOOR CANcer to help the families of children with cancer in our community.
- For children diagnosed with any other life-threatening medical condition, apply through the GO BO Foundation Family Assistance Program. Application materials are available below.
Any family with a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition may be eligible for financial assistance from the GO BO Foundation.
Family Assistance Program Criteria
- The child’s treating physician makes the determination of whether the child is medically eligible.
- The child must be under the age of 18 at the time of their application.
- The child and his or her parent(s) must be residents of Door County, Wisconsin.
- Generally speaking, assistance will come in the form of the GO BO Foundation paying bills directly on the family’s behalf (mortgage, rent, utilities, etc.)
- Assistance may NOT be used for medical expenses
GO BO Foundation
c/o Door County Community Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 802
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
All financial and medical information submitted will be kept confidential. It will be reviewed only by people involved in making the decision, which could include the Board of the GO BO Foundation, the Financial Assistance Review Committee, and/or the Door County Community Foundation, Inc.
Please remember that the submission of an application does not guarantee you will receive financial assistance.
Family Assistance Program